Friday, November 13, 2009

Creating a terrarium?

I'm curious about creating a terrarium - one containing primarily plants, with no other organisms such as frogs, etc.





What I'd like to do is try to duplicate an environment from someplace in the world that is quite unique and interesting. I've thought of doing the basic desert, or rainforest, or swamp, but those all seem so typical. I'd like to do a place where there are some plants that make you say "What the hell is that?", and that sort of thing. I've also looked into carnivorous plants, such as venus flytraps, sundews, pitchers, but because of the small space you're pretty well limited to only carnivorous plants, which could get boring too.





Can anyone think of a neat climate or ecosystem that I could create (that's different from what is found in North America), assuming I can precisely control temperature, humidity, lighting, and soil chemistry?

Creating a terrarium?
although i'm not sure how large you want your terrarium to be ...why not try simulating a mossy forest!.

casual shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment